Friday

Hooked And Happy Again :)

As my loyal followers know already, I had a dry period for about 1/2 year in my creative life. After a couple of months of feeling really depressed, I could at least start knitting again in September, but I still couldn't touch any paints, papers or canvasses, except for very short episodes now and then.

By the end of 2013, ladies in a Facebook group started to share about these two FREE year long art journaling projects some of them wanted to participate in:



And I totally got hooked! After I stopped art journaling in March 2012, now, I am preparing 2 altered books for these projects and picking up unfinished paintings whenever I can!

This is, how it looked in my creative space on January 1.

YAY! I'm feeling alive again! And hoping it lasts!

And you know what? You can still join me and the others, if you would like! And, if you feel a bit lost in those crowded Facebook groups, you can join the small one I have created on Facebook for a more intimate experience.

To see more inspiring creativity jump over to any of these sites

And you know I'm always happy to hear from you, right?
Please, feel free to leave a comment here or contact me at ritajc(at)inbox(dot)lv

15 comments:

Faye said...

Rita, I am so glad to see you creating for PPF again. I wish for you a very productive and happy 2014.

RitaJC said...

Thank you so much, Faye!

Gina said...

Looks fabulous fun Rita...glad to feel your smile again :D XXX

Linda Kunsman said...

Hi Rita-it is wonderful to feel your energy come alive in your post and in your art!! New projects,classes or challenges are such a wonderful way to jumpstart your creativity. Looking forward to seeing more. Happy PPF and 2014!

Ilona Heimböckel said...

How good for you to feel inspired again! :-)
Those papers look like great beginnings for creative journeys!
Happy PPF
Ilona

Tammie Dickerson said...

What a wonderful way to kick start the new year! I love how your creative works are spilling over the workspace :)

RitaJC said...

Thank you so much, everybody! Your support means so much to me!

Lorraine said...

looks great happy new year

journal 52 looks good thanks for the link

SLScheibe said...

Your pages and creative space look absolutely wonderful! Looking forward to seeing lots more of your art. Happy PPF :)

sharon said...

It is horrible when that creative urge leaves you, I am so pleased it is back for you, your creative area looks as if it brim full of ideas. Happy 2014

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

How wonderful that you have been so inspired! What a great start to the year for you :)

Giggles said...

Wonderful pages...wishing you creative abundance for 2014! Good to see you back!

Hugs Giggles

RitaJC said...

Thank you so much, ladies, for all the support!

DVArtist said...

Looks like you are off to a great start. Sometimes we just need a break. Glad to see you back.
Nicole/Beadwright

RitaJC said...

Thanks for the support, Nicole!